Pages

10.11.2011

above the noise

Life has been a little more than chaotic lately. While I have made impressive strides to get into a normal routine on a day-to-day basis, the workload has consistently increased. On one hand, I am blessed in a recessive economy to be so busy with work--I truly do not take this for granted. I am now 5 weddings into a 16 wedding marathon--capturing love every Friday or Saturday for nearly 4 months straight! Seriously--I am not complaining. I'm just learning a lot about myself--about running a business full-time while treasuring my family, keeping God first, and not going nuts in the meantime.

This weekend was a whirlwind of fun. I photographed a Nigerian wedding in Atlanta and then captured what might possibly be my favorite session to date. I will continue to reach for the stars.

Amidst the events this weekend, I found some time to spend in the Word. Reading through the beginning of Proverbs, I came across one of my favorite scriptures and it stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
I still find it wonderful that this Big God who created everything [and holds it all in place] can find me in the middle of my chaos and speak straight to my heart. I trust Him with everything inside me--and long to honor Him the same.

Calming things down and reading my Bible with the chaos of Atlanta traffic outside my hotel window, I was reminded of a hymn I came across just a few months ago. I decided to utilize the view from the window as a backdrop to the verse. May this be a reminder to us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment